What do you get when you cross a sculptural home in Arizona, a new documentary on Herzog & de Meuron, a theological school for the 21st century, 2008 AIA winners, and a scathing commentary of NYC’s Hearst Tower? You get the 3form Friday PLAYlist. Happy clicking!
1. Eliphante, a sculptural home in Arizona, is three acres of fantastical domes, shacks and follies created by Michael Kahn and his wife, Leda Livant. The New York Times reports…
2. The Basel-based star architects Herzog & de Meuron have been commissioned to build the National Stadium for the 2008 Olympics. A new documentary by Christoph Schaub and Michael Schindhelm shows how the Chinese culture affects the construction work of the architects. See the trailer…
3. The Boston Globe presents a theological school in Newton that has built a ‘meeting house for the 21st century’, one that speaks to 35 varieties of religion.
4. The AIA has named its 2008 Institute Awards winners.
5. Robert Campbell admits he hates the Hearst Tower in Midtown Manhattan.